ALEXANDRIA, VA – Southeastern Leasing and Rental President Mike McMahon of Charlotte, N.C., was unanimously chosen by the members of the Truck Renting and Leasing Association (TRALA) as its 2008-2009 Chairman at the association's 30th annual meeting held recently in Phoenix.
"It is an honor and a privilege to serve as TRALA chairman over the next year," said McMahon during his acceptance speech. "I look forward to receiving the advice and counsel of our members as we work together to advance the interests of our industry."
In addition to McMahon, the TRALA Board of Directors appointed the following members as officers:
- Tom Thayer, president & CEO of Idealease of Richmond, Va., was elected vice chairman.
- Bill Hicks, president of FirstLease, Inc., Norcross, Ga., was elected second vice chairman.
- Steve Lawrence, president of Lawrence Leasing, Red Wing, Minn., was elected secretary.
- Brian Hard, president of Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., Reading, Penn., was elected treasurer.
- Charles Sommer, president of Public Service Truck Renting, Long Island, N.Y., was elected immediate past chairman.