NAFA Pacific Southwest Chapter to Present a Fuel Cell Vehicle Ride & Drive
February 15, 2005
• by Staff
— The Pacific Southwest Chapter of the National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) invites interested parties to a fuel-cell vehicle ride and drive in conjunction with its March meeting.
The event will take place on March 8, at the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), 21865 Copely Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765. It begins at 10 a.m. with registration and a vehicle display, continues with a tour of the hydrogen fueling facility and then a luncheon. After the lunch, there will be a voice vote election for the 2005-2006 Chapter Board of Governors. This will be followed by presentations, and, at 2 p.m., a ride and drive in the hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle ride and drive.
Registration must be completed by Wednesday, March 2. Contact SCAQMD at (909) 396-2000 for registration information. Pre-registered cost is $35 per person, $40 per person on the day of the event. The chapter does not guarantee lunch for walk-in registrations.
At this event, participants will learn:
1. What is hydrogen?
2. What are fuel cells?
3. What are the different sources of hydrogen?
4. What are the automakers' different technology approaches for hydrogen vehicles?
5. What is President Bush's Hydrogen fuel Initiative?
6. What is Governor Schwarzenegger’s Hydrogen Highway?
7. What is the California Fuel Cell Partnership?
8. How safe is hydrogen?
9. What are the anticipated mileage range, fuel cost, and cargo space for 2010 hydrogen vehicles?
10. How can fleets participate in hydrogen vehicle demonstration projects?
Originally posted on Fleet Financials