– The National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) Atlanta Chapter’s Fleet Industry Symposium 2005 will be held Nov. 17-19 at Manheim’s DRIVE Center in Stockbridge, just outside of Atlanta. The event will be co-hosted by NAFA’s Atlanta Chapter and DRIVE. Topics to be covered during the Symposium include the remarketing process, use of guidebooks, value of reconditioning, and projected residual values. Registration forms must be submitted by Nov. 14. For additional information, contact Steve Greenfield at (678) 645-2220 or e-mail [email protected]
The symposium agenda is as follows:
Thurs., Nov. 17:
Reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres at the DRIVE Center
Fri., Nov. 18:
1. Value of Reconditioning: David Munnikhuysen, Manheim.
2. Remarketing 101: Steve Greenfield, Manheim.
3. Macro Factors Impacting Your Portfolio: Maryann Keller, president, Maryann Keller & Associates, and Tom Webb, Manheim.
4. Upstream Remarketing: Jim McKnight, Online Vehicle Exchange.
5. Auction Theory: Eric Overby, Goizueta Business School.
6. Industry Panel: Vehicle Remarketing: Challenges & Opportunities.
Afternoon Breakout Sessions:
Participants will rotate through three separate half-hour breakout sessions, moderated by commercial fleet-remarketing guests, the subject of which will be issues specific to the commercial fleet industry.
Guidebooks (MMR, Black Book, AuctionNet, AMR). Moderator: Mike Antich, editor, Automotive Fleet magazine.
Reconditioning. Moderator: David Munnikhuysen, Manheim.
Projected Residual Values. Moderator: Raj Sundaram, ALG (invited).
Dinner: Hosted at DRIVE
Sat., Nov. 19:
DRIVE “Dive” Session at the DRIVE CENTER:
All individuals are invited to participate in a brainstorming session to attack the issue covered in the previous day’s breakout sessions. Results will be published as a DRIVE-endorsed “white paper.”
Lunch: At DRIVE
Afternoon: Golf or other leisure activities