With the increasingly dual demands of performance and consideration for the environment, many fleets find that they must make a choice between the two. But fleets don’t have to make that choice with Audi. The all-electric 2019 Audi e-tron delivers on both with a vehicle that is robust and elegant, but does not produce any direct emissions.
The e-tron SUV is designed especially meet the day-to-day needs of executives and field sales professionals alike, at a starting MSRP of $74,800 for the 2019 e-tron Premium Plus with single speed transmission (and not including any potential incentives)1.
The e-tron delivers all-electric performance with a large, 95 kWh lithium-ion battery that is integrated into the floor of the passenger compartment. This creates a low center of gravity for dynamic handling and helps achieve the vehicle’s long-range capability.
The battery generates the kind of power a driver wants, including 402 hp/300 kW with boost technology2. For additional operational flexibility, the e-tron has an available towing package that gives the vehicle a 4,000-pound towing capacity.
But being fully electric doesn’t mean that the e-tron loses the performance of a gasoline-powered model. The new electric quattro all-wheel drive provides exceptional control and confidence under a variety of driving conditions. The e-tron also features standard air suspension, giving it five driving modes, including off-road mode3.
The e-tron battery has been carefully engineered to account for heat generated from fast increases in speed and repeated acceleration, helping to ensure consistent performance—aiding in meeting the day-to-day goals of the fleet.
One of the biggest objections to adding an electric vehicle to a fleet is charging times. And it’s true that early versions of electric vehicles posed some difficulties related to charging and range.
But that’s not the case with the e-tron, which has an EPA-estimated range of 204 miles4. But if you’re in a pinch and need to recharge, the e-tron can deliver there as well. A short, approximately 10-minute charge at a high-speed public charger will net 54 miles in range5.
Charging can be handled in a number of ways. For those fleets that allow personal use, installation of a Level 2 home charging station is available through Amazon. The home-charging capsule can charge the e-tron battery in about 9 hours from a 240 volt/50 amp outlet6.
For charging on the go, drivers can use the increasing public infrastructure, which currently numbers about 16,000 stations7.
Packed with Technology
The e-tron delivers more than performance. It is packed with technology designed to help improve productivity and efficiency.
The e-tron is equipped with the Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus, a high-definition digital instrument display with gauges designed to help the driver optimize efficiency, recuperation, and range. The center infotainment Audi MMI touch response8 system features a 10.1-inch screen, and includes functions such as navigation, entertainment, and ride dynamics. Drivers can access their compatible phone or connect to select productivity apps, maps, or messages using the smartphone interface with the subscription-based wireless CarPlay, which is compatible with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay9.
The Prestige trim also includes a head up display for added convenience, to monitor speed or other vital functions.
Audi connect10 is designed to help keep the driver informed with l driving information, such as charging station locations, the vehicle’s wi-fi hotspot11, and weather—all from an easy-to-read, easy-to-use display.
Drivers can have the power of their e-tron in the palm of their hand. The myAudi app12 helps to personalize the driving experience by accessing a growing suite of services that connect to the vehicle. Features include, myAudi route planner, charging remote control, and remote vehicle access. The latter feature allows drivers to remotely lock or unlock the doors13, check battery charge level, and adjust the interior temperature before entering the vehicle.
Taken together, the e-tron delivers performance and efficiency wrapped up in an elegant, dynamic package.
For more information about the Audi e-tron go to audiusa.com
- Starting MSRP of $74,800 for a 2019 e-tron Premium Plus with automatic transmission. Specifications may change. Prices exclude $995 destination fee, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price. Vehicle purchase may be eligible for a Federal tax credit up to $7,500. Visit www.PlugStar.com to learn more about tax incentives in your area. The tax credit referenced is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. All persons considering use of available tax credits should consult a tax advisor to determine eligibility based on their specific tax situation. Tax credits are subject to various limitations not within Audi's control and are subject to change without notice.
- Boost feature allows temporary access to additional rated power output when conditions allow and driver initiates the feature.
- Always ensure that your vehicle is equipped with appropriate tires and equipment and always adjust your speed and driving style to the road, terrain, traffic, and weather conditions. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.
- 2019 e-tron EPA estimates: 204 combined city/highway MPGe. Actual mileage and range will vary and depend on several factors including driving and charging habits, weather and temperature, battery age, and vehicle condition. Battery capacity decreases with time and use. See owner’s manual for details.
- Charging times will vary and depend on a variety of factors, including ambient temperature, charger type, battery condition, vehicle condition and others. Charging station figure represents Level 1 and Level 2 stations that are Combine Charging System (CCS) compatible.
- Charging times will vary and depend on a variety of factors, including ambient temperature, charger type, battery condition, vehicle condition and others.
- Data provided by https://afdc.energy.gov/stations as of January, 2019.
- Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.
- Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. Not all features available on all operating systems. Message and data usage rates apply. These features require compatible device, operating system, and mobile apps. See mobile device and app providers for terms and privacy. “Android, Android Auto, Google Play, and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. “Apple CarPlay” is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. Audi connect should only be used when it is safe and appropriate. Audi connect services and features are optional, provided with the support of authorized affiliated and third-party service providers, and may require additional subscriptions with separate terms and conditions. Available on select models. Certain services collect location information, see Terms of Service for information about how to disable and for other details. The Google Earth feature will not be available after December 2020 for certain Model Year 2016-2018 vehicles. Google Earth is a trademark of Google Inc. Connect services are subject to technologies remaining commercially available, such services are not guaranteed, and may not be available after 2021 for equipped MY17-20 vehicles.
- Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. The Wi-Fi hotspot feature is intended for passenger use only. Wifi feature is provided through Connect PLUS. Connect PLUS features and technologies are optional, may require an additional subscription with separate terms and conditions, and should be used only when it is safe and appropriate. See materials provided by wireless carrier for terms, privacy, data security details. Returning devices connect automatically and use plan data unless hotspot is removed from device settings.
- Standard text and data rate apply.
- Standard text and data rates may apply. See Owner’s Manual for further details and important warnings about locking and unlocking your vehicle remotely. Not available on vehicles with a removable SIM card and Audi A3 models