LeasePlan USA will begin offering a mileage reimbursement solution to its fleet customers under a partnership with Microsoft-owned MileIQ, the Alpharetta, Ga.-based fleet management company announced.
The MileIQ solution uses drive-detection technology to automatically log trips and calculate their value, according to LeasePlan. The solution would be suited to employees who use their personal vehicles for business purposes.
Using a mobile app, drivers can also:
- Auto-detect when a trip starts and ends using the phone’s GPS and accelerometer.
- Categorize trips as personal, business or passenger.
- Classify the purpose of their trip (airport, meet client, vacation, etc.).
- Combine trips into one or more trips per day.
- Modify or delete a trip.
- Record parking and toll fees per trip.
More than 4 million customers using the MileIQ app have logged more than 32 billion miles so far. The company believes their solution has saved more than 60 million hours of work manually logging miles.
"This strategic partnership with MileIQ is just another way LeasePlan is leading fleets into the digital age," said Ricardo Fonzaghi, LeasePlan's chief commercial officer. "Not only will this partnership enable companies to more efficiently capture mileage, but it will also help control costs and the administrative burden associated with typical reimbursement programs."