Click here for PDF of full article.
In a tight economy, fleets struggle to justify the costs of implementing green initiatives. This year's Green Fleet Conference promises to present solutions and resources to help companies continue environmentally responsible investments.
"We will show you where to find the money," say organizers of the Bobit Business Media (BBM) event, scheduled Oct. 19-20 at the Chicago Hyatt Regency.
Green Cost Sustainability Emphasized
A focus of the conference, and the title of one panel discussion, is "How to Make Your Green Program Pay for Itself." The panel will feature fleet managers sharing green fleet programs for which implementation costs were offset by program cost-savings.
The conference mission is "to help public and commercial fleet professionals find truly green, truly practical, and truly affordable solutions," says Bob Brown, BBM associate publisher.
In addition to exhibit space featuring products and services to help fleets green their vehicles and operations, the conference will provide networking opportunities with industry peers and experts.
Session Topics Cover Wide Range
Other planned session topics include:
● How to see "green" in a down economy.
● Step-by-step instructions to create a green fleet policy.
● Customized improvements to fleet environmental and operational performances.
● Cap and trade program impacts on the fleet industry.
● Strategies and sources to obtain grant funding.
● Real-world driver behavior modifications to meet green fleet goals.
● How to become a green model shop.
● How to become a carbon-neutral corporation.
Several fleet case studies will also be presented, including Wal-Mart; Hillsborough County, Fla.; Inglewood, Calif.; City of Austin, Texas; and City of Seattle.
A subject-expert panel discussion will explore use of alt-fuels, including CNG, propane, ethanol, and electricity.
2009 Green Fleet Conference registration information, including an early bird discount, is available at www.greenconference.com or by calling (800) 576-8788.