CalAmp's MDT-7P Android-based tablet features wired, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, a rugged 7-inch touchscreen display to support fleet management, asset delivery, mobile workforce management, and long-haul trucking, according to the company.
The MDT-7P leverages CalAmp's management and maintenance system, PULS (Provisioning/Programming, Update, and Logistical System), for autonomous over-the-air installation of applications and firmware directly to the tablet from trusted sources such as CalAmp's Appstore while in service.
In addition, the CalAmp Mobile Framework (CMF) software provides the interface to CalAmp's industry leading programmable event generator, PEG (Programmable Event Generator). PEG enables the MDT-7P to communicate with an installed telematics device to continuously monitor the operating environment and respond instantly to pre-defined and configurable threshold conditions such as time, date, motion, location, geo-zone crossings and many other parameters.
The MDT-7P offers a comprehensive and versatile set of features and capabilities including:
- Easy-to-use Android Lollipop OS for application development
- Support for CalAmp's Appstore providing a secure environment to manage and distribute applications content and services
- High quality built-in front and rear facing cameras to support streaming video applications
- Integrated GPS receiver for high precision mapping, navigation, dispatch and routing
- Secure 802.11 b/g/n protocols for persistent Wi-Fi connectivity
- Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.0 including BLE support
To see the new MDT-7P, visit CalAmp's booth #5332 at CTIA in Las Vegas from Sept. 7 to 9.