February 6, 2023
Smith System’s Douglas Talks Driving Dynamics Acquisition, Trends in Safety Training
In episode 26 of this new Fast Forward video, Bobit Fleet Group Editor Chris Brown interviews Tony Douglas, president and CEO of Smith System, to talk about the recent acquisition of Driving Dynamics and how the combined company will be structured. Douglas also shares the latest trends in fleet safety training and the pressing issues in safety that fleets face today.
Fleet Forward’s Fast Forward video series connects leaders in fleet, tech, and automotive to show what the future holds for fleets of all types.
🎙Topics & Timestamps
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:00 Details of the Driving Dynamics acquisition.
- 4:00 How fleet has safety training changed in the last few years.
- 6:40 What fleet clients are looking for in safety training and how will the new combined company meets those needs.
- 10:40 Which stakeholders need to be more involved in mitigating distracted driving, and the number one way to disable distractions behind the wheel.
- 14:15 Are ADAS systems effective, or delivering a false sense of security to drivers?
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🤝 Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!