October 3, 2022
A Fleet Owner Shares His Goals and Process for Electrification
The Fast Forward video series, hosted by Bobit Fleet Group Editor Chris Brown, is about connecting with leaders in fleet, tech, and automotive to show what the future holds for fleets of all types.
David Ziker, owner of Ziker Cleaners in South Bend, Indiana, runs a business in which sustainability — from a profitability as well as environmental standpoint — is paramount. In this episode, Ziker explains his needs for an electric van or step van, the EV model options he’s considering, and how incorporating EVs will affect his overall fleet budget.
🎙Topics & Timestamps🎙
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:25 David Ziker gives a background on the company and how he uses his fleet.
- 3:00 Ziker describes his company’s sustainability plan.
- 4:55 Ziker explains the ancillary benefits of creating a green company.
- 6:10 Explains his research on available electric vans that would serve the duty cycle of his fleet.
- 11:50 Talks about how he contacted and interacted with his utility on charging needs.
- 14:30 Explains how he looks at TCO with EVs and other cost factors.
- 17:45 Explains his next steps to enact his plan and fleet EVs.
🤝 Follow and connect with us on social media!
🎧 Check out the Fast Forward podcast!