Work Truck’s Medium-Duty Truck of the Year award was developed in 2008 to recognize the top trucks in the vocational medium-duty market.
Now entering the 14th year of the Medium-Duty Truck of the Year award, vehicles are nominated by the automakers and the winner is determined through voting by professional fleet managers.
The votes are based on what best fits the voter's fleet requirements, including application effectiveness, durability, quality, servicing, maintenance, and lifecycle costs.
In 2021, Work Truck launched the “Top 5 Medium-Duty Trucks.” We are happy to continue this honor in 2022.
These five work trucks represent the finalists for the annual Medium-Duty Truck of the Year award and showcase what real fleet managers believe are the top trucks in the market.
The winning medium-duty work truck will be announced at Work Truck Week 2022 held in Indianapolis.
Who Made the Top Medium-Duty Truck List for 2022?
So, who made the list for the best medium-duty trucks this year? The Top 5 Medium-Duty Trucks for 2022 (in alphabetical order) are:
- Chevrolet Silverado 4500/5500 HD. The Chevrolet Silverado 4500/5500 HD lineup of medium-duty trucks feature a max available GVWR of 19,500 lbs. and is ready to be upfit for a variety of vocational fleet applications. Available in Regular Cab and Crew Cab configurations, the chassis cab models also feature a fuel tank capacity of up to 65 gallons.
- Ford F-650/F-750. The range of F-650 and F-750 trucks is wide-sweeping to meet the needs of many vocational applications. The F-650 straight-frame model has a 39.4-in. chassis height and rides on standard 22.5-in. wheels. GVWR range is 25,600 to 29,000 lbs. For maximum payload capability, there’s the F-750 straight-frame model.
- International MV Series. The MV Series was designed for increased maneuverability, visibility, and safety. Perfect for delivery fleets, dump truck operations, landscape, towing, utility, snow removal and more!
- Isuzu FVR. The Isuzu F-Series is the company's Class 7 includes a de-rated Class 6 FVR model. The truck is powered by the Cummins B6.7 diesel engine and is mated to a 6-speed automatic Allison RDS transmission.
- Mack MD Series. The Mack medium-duty lineup recently expanded its specs by making available for order the Allison 3000 RDS transmission. The Mack MD Series can be spec'd to be a Class 6 with a GVWR of 25,995 pounds.
These top vehicles represent the best in medium-duty truck manufacturers, as selected by the top commercial vehicle fleet managers in the U.S. These are the most reliable medium-duty trucks our readers operate in their fleets and were selected by the people who use these vehicles every day in their business operation.
Originally posted on Work Truck Online