Photo courtesy of AAA.
Driving while you’re struggling with sun glare can be maddeningly frustrating — and dangerous. Here are some tips from AAA Exchange you can pass along to fleet drivers:
- Invest in polarized sunglasses. They can help reduce glare.
- Utilize your sun visor. It can help to block out the sun.
- Leave more following room. When the sun is in your eyes it can be hard to see what the car ahead is doing. This is one more time when it pays to leave more room between you and the next vehicle.
- Drive with your headlights on to increase your visibility to other drivers.
- Keep your windshield clean, inside and out.
- Check your windshield for pitting and cracks.
- Avoid storing papers or other items on the dashboard.
- If you’re having a difficult time seeing the road, use lane markings to help guide you.