The National Safety Council is hosting an employer cell phone policy seminar on April 25, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif.
Attendees must register, but there will be no charge to attend. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cell phone-distracted driving is a national epidemic. According to the National Safety Council, nearly one in four crashes involves drivers distracted by a cell phone. Businesses without policies prohibiting cell phone use while driving are exposing their employees and themselves to increased risk and liability.
The seminar will address the following:
- Why cell phone distracted driving is dangerous
- How employers can be held liable if an employee is involved in a crash where cell phone use was a factor
- What to include in a cell phone policy
- How to build management support for a cell phone policy
- How to educate employees about the policy and ensure compliance.
To register for the seminar, click here.