SAN DIEGO - instaVIN, the leading provider of vehicle history reports utilizing data from the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS), announces that it now provides key ownership records, additional theft and other information through its reports.
This adds to the NMVTIS-sourced DMV title, brand, insurance total loss, junkyard and salvage auction, odometer, and accident information that instaVIN already provides in its history reports.
instaVIN reports are compliant with California AB 1215. History reports start at just $6.99 each and consumers can get a free vehicle history report, when they buy two, bringing the cost down to just $4.66 each.
The specific, real-time information added to instaVIN Vehicle History and Title Reports include:
- Open Lien Data – sourced from auto lenders, shows if the vehicle has a current open lien (or bank loan).
- Open Theft Data – sourced from law enforcement, shows if the vehicle is reported to be an active theft.
- Recovered Theft – sourced from law enforcement, shows if the vehicle has been reported as recovered.
- Towing/Impound – sourced from the US government, shows historic impound records.
- Export Records – sourced from US Customs, shows if the vehicle has been presented for exportation.
- Listed for Sale – online listing events for vehicles listed with eBayMotors.com.
“This data is critically valuable to our client base of consumers, dealers, and commercial clients to help them make good decisions,” said Jim Irish, CEO of instaVIN.com. “instaVIN continues to provide significant value by providing more data and better reports for less cost.”
Unlike other major vehicle history report services, instaVIN data is available for virtually all vehicle types including passenger cars and light trucks, classic cars, (RVs), motorcycles, and heavy trucks. Special dealer rates are available to qualified dealers through the dealer program. instaVIN works with domestic and international distributors and the data can be customized to an organization’s specific needs.