Attendees at NAFA's NorCal-Nevada meeting on Jan. 28.
NAPA, CA - The NAFA NorCal-Northern Nevada chapter held its first meeting of 2011 in Napa, Calif.on Friday, Jan. 28. Chapter business and some key announcements dominated the agenda.
The February 2011 meeting will be a special event, in partnership with the East Bay Clean Cities Coalition. Scheduled for February 17, 2011 from 10 am to 3:30 pm, the event, titled the 2011 Plug-in and Electric Vehicle Showcase, will be held at the Napa Valley Expo. Confirmed presenters are:
- Nissan (Leaf EV)
- General Motors (Chevrolet Volt)
- Think (Think City EV)
- Ford/Azure Dynamics (Transit Connect EV/F350 hybrid)
- Toyota (plug-in hybrid Prius)
- Coda Automotive (Coda)
- Altech Industries (Med/Heavy hybrid utility truck)
- Coulomb Technologies (Chargepoint EV charging stations)
- General Electric (Wattstation EV charging stations)
- OpConnect (EV charging stations)
- Columbia ParCar (Mega and Summit LSV's)
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD)
- Fisker Automotive (presentation only)
To register, the NAFA announcement said to send an RSVP to [email protected] and enter "EV RSVP" in the subject line (and indicate if a vegetarian meal is required).
The chapter also held board elections early in the meeting. The results of the election are listed below:
- Chapter Chair – Chris Burgeson, CAFM; City of Napa - Fleet Manager
- Vice Chair – Jason Hicks, CAFM; Turlock Irrigation District – Transportation & Facilities Department Manager
- Treasurer – David Barr; Turlock Irrigation District - Fleet Analyst
- Secretary – Joe Petrella; City and County of San Francisco - Assistant Superintendant
The chapter thanked Terence Kyaw, Fleet Manager for City of Redwood City, for his service to the chapter, and for serving admirably as Chapter Chair in 2008 and 2009, and as Vice Chair in 2010, in addition to previous positions.
Sean Edgar, executive director of Clean Fleets, presents a fleet-focused legislative update.
Jason Hicks, CAFM, outgoing Chapter Treasurer and incoming Vice Chair, presented the chapter’s annual financial update. Sean Edgar, Executive Director of Clean Fleets, closed out the meeting by provided a fleet-related, legislative update to the membership, covering topics such as key regulatory due dates and clean air vehicle funding opportunities.
The chapter also announced a full slate of meetings was announced. A detailed schedule can be found at: www.nafasf.com/calendar.html.