LeasePlan USA Introduces “reDrive” –
Online Employee Direct Remarketing Program
LeasePlan USA recently introduced “reDrive” — a program that enables its clients to remarket vehicles to their employees through an Internet marketplace. Employees can browse vehicles before they come off-lease and purchase at less than retail prices. The program was developed to help LeasePlan customers use “dead time” because the cars are posted on the site prior to the actual turn-in date. In addition, prices are set by the company, which also helps to manage fleet return.
Powered by Driveitaway.com, a leading provider of online remarketing services in both classified and auction format, LeasePlan’s customers can now offer employees the opportunity to browse their company’s entire pool of off-lease vehicles prior to the turn-in date through the “reDrive” program. Employees need to register on the site in order to browse listings, mark vehicles to watch, and place a hold on a vehicle that interests them.
“reDrive” program benefits include:
1. Actual sale of vehicle occurs before lease ends.
2. Vehicle warranties available online.
3. Additional services available on the site include financing and transportation.
4. Detailed information offered for each vehicle including description, service history, feature list, pricing, comparative value, pictures, inspection reports and results.
5. Greater exposure for vehicles at a set price.
6. Original driver has the first option to purchase the vehicle.
Here’s how the “reDrive” program works:
1. The LeasePlan program begins with a private branded page for each customer, which links into LeasePlan’s data systems to make sure vehicle listings are accurate and timely.
2. On the site, which is integrated with LeasePlan’s eBusiness tool ePlan, it lists the vehicles scheduled for turn-in prior to their slated drop-off date.
3. Employees browse the listings, choose a vehicle and make the purchase online.
4. LeasePlan coordinates the paperwork and the employee takes possession of the vehicle at the turn-in dealership or alternate location.
5. The program offers fixed classified prices. The first employee to make an offer on a vehicle has the opportunity to put it on hold for 48 hours in order to arrange financing - the vehicle remains on the site during this period.
“Vehicles can be searched very generally – show me all the cars available this week – or by more than 35 specific criteria,” says Bryan Calloway, senior vice president, marketing LeasePlan USA. “If an employee is looking for a silver SUV with a CD player in a certain price range and mileage bracket, they’re three clicks away from finding one. And, if no such vehicle appears on the site, the wish list feature lets them save their search and will automatically notify them when appropriate vehicles are added.”
“Our sites are designed to help fleets add upstream sales points without adding costs or delays,” says Driveitaway.com CEO John Possumato. “We’re very pleased to be LeasePlan’s exclusive partner in offering the “reDrive” program to their client base.”