DaimlerChrysler Shows Commitment
to Flex-Fuel Technology
As evidence of its commitment to flex-fuel technology, DaimlerChrysler Fleet offers three flexible-fuel vehicles (FFV) They are:
The 2004 Dodge Stratus sedan and Chrysler Sebring sedan, when equipped with the 2.7-liter V6 Flex-Fuel engine, and the Dodge Ram 1500 pickup, when equipped with the new 4.7-liter Magnum® V8 Flex-Fuel engine. All three vehicles can run on two different types of fuel.
Flexible Times Two
These vehicles, when equipped with the appropriate engine, are designed to operate on E85 (85% ethanol and 15% gasoline), regular unleaded gasoline, or any combination of the two fuels. The engine control system constantly monitors the fuel mix to maintain peak operating efficiency.
Low Emissions And High Expectations
The DaimlerChrysler FFV passenger cars are certified to California ULEV 1 and EPA Tier 2 standards. The FFV Ram truck is certified under EPA Interim Tier 2 standards for Federal Fleet sales. That means these vehicles can make your fleet truly flexible when it comes to transporting people, hauling cargo, and burning cleaner fuel.
* A Flex-Fuel engine can operate on ethanol (E85), regular unleaded gasoline, or any combination of the two fuels.
* The fuel mixtures are monitored and analyzed through the use of sophisticated engine control algorithms.
* Fuel injection and timing are also controlled, automatically adjusting for a variety of fuel blends.
* Ethanol is alcohol, derived from grain or corn, and inherently produces lower exhaust emissions than gasoline.
* Adding 5 percent gasoline denatures fuel-grade ethanol.
* Performance is not affected.
* Ethanol has an octane of approximately 105 and is a naturally oxygenated fuel composition.
* Ethanol, combusting with additional fuel oxygenate, reduces the incidence of greenhouse gas emissions.
* Ethanol is the only form of renewable transportation fuel.
* The Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Sebring Flex-Fuel engine is not available with a manual or AutoStick® transaxle.
* The Dodge Ram Flex-Fuel engine is not available with a manual transmission and is not available for sale in the California market.