Sponsored by General Motors
Chevrolet Equinox Emphasizes Rightsized Efficiency for 2018
The all-new Chevrolet Equinox offers fleets a mix of standard and available features designed to meet their individual operational needs.
The Equinox comes with three engine options: a 1.5L turbocharged DOHC 4-cylinder with VVT, a 2.0L turbocharged DOHC 4-cylinder with VVT, and a 1.6L Turbo-Diesel 4-cylinder.
The 2.0L engine is matched to a Hydra-Matic 9T50 nine-speed automatic transmission, and the 1.5L and 1.6L Turbo Diesel are matched to a Hydra-Matic 6T40 six-speed automatic.
The turbocharged engines deliver both the fuel economy and power that fleets need in order to provide services to their customers. The 1.5L engine produces 170 hp and 203 lb.-ft. of torque and has an EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/32 mpg hwy. in its front-wheel-drive variant and EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/30 mpg hwy. in its all-wheel-drive variant.
The 2.0L produces 252 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and has an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/29 mpg hwy. in the front-wheel-drive variant and EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/28 mpg hwy. in the all-wheel-drive variant.
The 1.6L turbo-diesel produces 137 hp and 240 lb.-ft. of torque and is GM-estimated 32 mpg city/40 hwy. in the front-wheel-drive variant1.
In addition, the Equinox features Switchable all-wheel drive. This all-new system, available on LS, LT and Premier models, enhances traction and control on slippery or snow-covered roads. Switchable AWD lets you change between FWD and AWD operation while you’re on the go.
It isn’t what’s under the hood that will benefit fleets. The 2018 Equinox is sized right inside and out. The vehicle’s length was reduced more 4.5 inches from the 2017 model to further rightsize the vehicle, helping to make it easy to park and maneuver, while the passenger volume has been increased by 3.5 cubic feet. The Equinox offers 29.9 cubic feet of cargo2 space behind the rear seat, which increases to 63.5 cubic feet2 when the rear seat is folded down. This can help maximize the amount of sales materials needed by the fleet driver to do his or her day-to-day work. The Equinox also offers an available hands-free liftgate to aid with efficiency when putting materials into the vehicle or taking them out.
The Equinox allows fleet drivers to remain connected with either the 7- or available 8-inch diagonal Chevrolet MyLink3 infotainment system.
For fleets needing additional connectivity in the field, the Equinox has an available OnStar® 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot4.
Safety is a priority for today’s fleet managers, and the 2018 Equinox can help fleets keep their drivers safe with a comprehensive suite of 10 available active safety technologies and adaptive crash-avoidance features.
Available advanced safety features5 include radar- and camera-based adaptive technologies that provide active warnings to alert drivers to potential collision threats. These features include:
- New Safety Alert Seat
- New Surround Vision (including backup camera)
- New Forward Collision Alert and Following Distance Indicator
- New Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- New Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear Vision Camera
- Rear Park Assist
The 2018 Equinox has six standard air bags6, including frontal driver and passenger, roof rail-mounted head curtain and front-seat-mounted side-impact air bags.
In total, the Equinox is a sporty, aerodynamic vehicle that can help drivers stay productive, safe, and comfortable, as well as project a professional image to the fleet’s customers.
The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox will be available for fleet orders starting in June 2017.
- Official EPA estimates not yet available. Fuel economy estimate based on GM testing. Estimated to offer 40 MPG highway for 1.6L Diesel FWD models.
- Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
- MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
- Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services and connectivity may vary by model and conditions. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Some services require data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T.
- Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information.
- Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more information.