Chevrolet Low Cab Forward Pricing Starting at $40K
Photo of 2016 Chevrolet 4500 Low-Cab Forward truck courtesy of General Motors.
Chevrolet announced pricing for the low cab forward medium-duty trucks – the brand’s newest entry into a growing segment of the commercial vehicle market.
Pricing for the trucks with gasoline engines will start at $40,900. Pricing for trucks with diesel engines will start at $48,375. Prices will include a $1,125 destination charge but exclude tax, title, license, and dealer fees.
The new trucks are offered in regular- and crew-cab body styles, with either a 6.0L V-8 gas engine, 3.0L turbo-diesel engine, or 5.2L turbo-diesel engine, all with 6-speed automatic transmissions.
“We know how important the total vehicle cost of ownership is to fleet customers to be successful in their work, and we believe these prices reflect some of the most competitive in the market when it comes to medium-duty trucks,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president for General Motors Fleet. “The range of prices gives fleet owners an option that best fits their needs.”
The seven new models – Chevrolet 3500, 3500HD, 4500, 4500HD, 4500XD, 5500HD, and 5500XD – will be distributed through select Chevrolet dealers who are intensely focused on the commercial business.
Additional features include:
- Excellent visibility and maneuverability – especially in urban environments.
- Easy driver entry and exit.
- Wheelbases ranging from 109 to 212 inches.
- GVWRs ranging from 12,000 to 19,500 pounds.
- Compatibility with a variety of body types, including dry freight or refrigerated boxes, stake/flat beds, and service bodies.
- Easy-access engine compartment with 45-degree tilting cab.
The Chevrolet Low Cab Forward trucks will arrive at select Chevrolet dealers in the third quarter. Model specific pricing will be available closer to the start of production.