Toyota and Lexus Dominate 2010 IntelliChoice.com Best Overall Values of the Year Awards
CHICAGO - Toyota and Lexus once again captured more trophies than any other automaker in the 23rd annual Intellichoice.com "Best Overall Values of the Year" (BOVY) awards, announced today at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. Intellichoice.com is a leading source for automotive ownership cost and value analysis of cars, trucks, crossovers and sport utility vehicles (SUV's). The annual BOVY awards identify best-in-class vehicles that deliver outstanding value and lower than expected costs over time.
"IntelliChoice.com's annual BOVY awards are designed to instruct buyers on the cars, trucks and SUVs that deliver the most value for the money over a five year period of ownership," said Charlie Vogelheim, executive editor of IntelliChoice.com. "We rank every model on the market based on the most important cost of ownership factors, including retained value, fuel, maintenance and repair, insurance, licensing and fees.
Toyota and Lexus garnered five of the eight overall rankings for cars and trucks, and 11 of 31 total vehicle segments. Toyota winners included the Prius hybrid, Yaris hatchback, Avalon full-size sedan, FJ Cruiser mid-size SUV, Highlander mid-size crossover, Sequoia full-size SUV, Sienna minivan, and both Tacoma 4x2 and 4x4 compact pickups. Lexus award winners included the RX luxury crossover, and the IS 350 luxury sedan.
The Prius, Yaris and Lexus RX were all repeat winners. The Prius has taken top honors in the BOVY mid-size car segment every year since 2004. Listed below are Toyota and Lexus winners:
2010 Toyota/Lexus Best Overall Winners
- Best Car Value Under $24,000 - Toyota Prius
- Best Crossover /SUV Value Under $28,000 - Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Best Crossover/SUV Value Over $28,000 - Lexus RX
- Best Truck Value Under $28,000 - Toyota Tacoma
- Best Van Value Under $26,000 - Toyota Sienna
2010 Toyota/Lexus Best Overall Values of the Year
- Subcompact - Toyota Yaris Hatchback
- Mid-size Car - Toyota Prius
- Full-size Car - Toyota Avalon
- Luxury Sports Sedan/Wagon - Lexus IS 350 Sedan
Sport/Utilities and Crossovers
- Midsize Crossover - Toyota Highlander
- Luxury Crossover - Lexus RX
- Mid-size SUV - Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Full-size SUV - Toyota Sequoia
- Compact Pickup 2WD - Toyota Tacoma 4x2
- Compact Pickup 4WD - Toyota Tacoma 4x4