Audi May Get Nod as World’s Most Expensive Automobile
JAMAICA – According to a feature in the Jamaican Gleaner, a newspaper in
Kingston, Jamaica, the most expensive car in the world might just be an Audi, according to theweeklydriver.com. The report said that the Issa Transport Group (ITG), the Kingston representative for Audi, has an Audi A8 Security available via special order for $80 million.
The Audi A8 Security sedan has standard features such as full-cage outer-body armoring certified by the German Federal Police, run-flat tires, gas tank and battery armoring, double-mirror interior, emergency door exit, silky-soft power-adjustable leather seats, refrigerator, retractable rear-seat tables, heated wind screen, multi-zone climate controls, and a slate of other comfort features.
The car is more than three times as expensive as the nearest luxury security equipped rival.
According the newspaper, here are other examples among the world’s most security equipped luxury cars:
- Mercedes Benz S500: $24 million.
- BMW 761i and Audi Q7 4.2 V-8 SUV: $23 million.
- BMW M3: $16 million.
- Land Rover HSE V-8: $15-$17 million.
- Audi A8 sedan Q7: $14 million.
- Cadillac Escalade: $14 million.
- Hummer H2: $14 million.
- Audi Q7 3.0 V-6: $11 million.
- Range Rover Sport V-6: $9-$11 million.
- Chevy Tahoe (Hybrid): $5.7 million.
- Chevy Avalanche: $4.4 million.