Top Five Tech Trends in Automobiles
NEW YORK – Electronic technologywill have a huge impact on cars in coming years. Here are five breaking trends,along with a list of cars that put the latest technology to good use, accordingto Forbes.
1. In-CarComputing, such as in-dash computers, Web surfing and e-mailing, and theall-in-one PC.
2. MP3Player Connectivity, including iPod integration.
3. BluetoothIntegration that is hands-free.
4. AdvancedGPS Navigation, including real-time traffic information and landmark data.
5. FactoryInfusion, as more manufacturers are adding complex electronic devices at thefactory.
A studyconducted by GfK Custom Research, based in New York, asked adults what optionsthey would be interested in having on their car: GPS Navigation was themost-desired technology out of the five spotlighted in this article. Internetaccess was the least desired of all, with 24 percent of respondents expressinginterest. Built-in Bluetooth capability was near the bottom in terms ofdesirability, with 38 percent of those surveyed expressing interest.
Low-techand long-used remote starting systems that allow vehicles to be started andwarmed up without having to get in the car and turn the ignition topped GfK’slist.