2010 Chevrolet Silverado Repeats Fleet Truck of the Year Award
Known as the most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickup on the road, the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 earns Automotive Fleet magazine’s top spot for the third year in a row.
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pickup has captured the Fleet Truck of the Year award once again, the third year in a row the pickup has received this honor.
Qualified fleet professionals awarded the Silverado top honors in online voting, choosing from among 16 light-duty truck, representing all major domestic and import-badged 2010-model vehicles. This annual online award program is sponsored by Automotive Fleet and Business Fleet magazines.
Fleet managers voted for one vehicle in each of the car and truck categories and were encouraged to select the car and/or truck that best fits their company fleet needs, considering features, function, styling, maintenance, remarketing value, OEM service, and drivers' feedback. Votes were cast on www.automotive-fleet.com.
Inaugurated in 2003, the Fleet Car and Truck of the Year awards continue Automotive Fleet magazine's efforts to promote excellence in the fleet industry. In addition to spotlighting outstanding fleet professionals with its Fleet Manager of the Year award, the magazine extends recognition to the products and tools that allow fleet professionals to do their jobs at the highest possible level, including vehicles selected to perform their companies' missions.
"We are both gratified to win this prestigious award again and motivated to keep improving for our customers moving forward," said Brent Dewar, vice president of the Chevrolet Global Brand. "This honor gives us validation that our customer focus is on the right track."
Chevrolet Silverado Leads the Way with Innovation
The Chevrolet Silverado has maintained pace not only with changing demands, but also in leading the way with innovative engineering and technology that delivers everything from outstanding fuel efficiency and enhanced driver control to high-strength steel and the latest electronics.
While the Silverado 1500 pickup truck hasn't changed significantly for the 2010 model-year, Chevrolet fine-tuned some of the truck's features and moved a few options to its standard equipment list.
2010-MY Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 updates include:
● Regular and Extended Cab trucks with 5.3L V-8 engines are equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
● 3.08 axle ratio and fuel-saver mode are standard with Silverado trucks equipped with a 5.3L V-8 engine.
● E-85 flex-fuel capability on Silverado models equipped with 4.8L, 5.3L, or 6.2L engines.
● 4.8L and 5.3L engines feature variable valve timing (VVT), improving performance and fuel economy.
● Side curtain air bags and seat-mounted side air bags are standard on all Silverado 1500 trucks.
● StabiliTrak electronic control system is now standard on all Silverado 1500 trucks.
● USB connectivity on all radios (except base). Stored audio files play through the audio system.
● Interior door trim has been changed.
● A rearview camera is available on additional Silverado models.
● Two new exterior colors are available.