Video Safety Tip: Driving After Dark
VIDEO: Night Driving Tips
After the sun goes down, a driver’s depth perception, color recognition, and peripheral vision are all compromised. Additionally, he or she is much more likely to share the road with impaired and fatigued drivers at night.
In fact, traffic deaths are three times greater at night, according to National Safety Council research.
Here are some nighttime driving tips from the National Safety Council:
- Make sure your headlights are aimed properly and that they’re clean.
- Dim your dashboard
- Look away from oncoming lights
- If you wear glasses, make sure they’re anti-reflective
- Clean the windshield to eliminate streaks
- Slow down to compensate for limited visibility and reduced stopping time.
To view a video offering more nighttime driving advice, click on the photo or link below the headline.