Audi A6, S6 Ace NHTSA Crash Tests
The Audi A6. Photo courtesy of Audi.
The 2014 model-year Audi A6 sedan and S6 sport sedan each earned an overall 5-Star safety rating recently, based on 5-Star performances in all government crash-test categories – frontal crash, side crash and rollover.
MGA Research performed the crash tests on Jan. 27, as part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program (NCAP).
“When Audi engineers set out to make the A6 and S6 models unsurpassed in their class, they made safety one of their first priorities,” said Scott Keogh, president of Audi of America. “The 5-star rating affirms that commitment to our customers and vehicle safety.”
The A6 and S6 offer advanced safety systems and other technologies. Key standard safety systems include:
- Impact protection, such as reinforced high-strength steel and aluminum, reinforced bumpers and a rigid occupant cell
- Hydraulic brake assist that automatically senses emergency braking and applies maximum available power boost to reduce overall stopping distance
- Front, side, head curtain and knee airbags, along with front-passenger occupant detection
- Crash sensors that automatically unlock doors, activate interior lighting and hazard warning lights, and switch off the fuel pump and engine
- Front three-point safety belts with automatic pretensioning and force limiters.