CEI Adds Rear-End Collision Lesson to DriverCare Lineup
The CEI Group, Inc. (CEI) announced that it has added an online lesson to its DriverCare product line that teaches drivers how to prevent causing and suffering rear-end collisions.
Entitled, “Avoiding Rear-End Collisions: What You Can do,” the 10-minute lesson focuses on techniques that prevent the most common type of accident on North American roadways. Among the techniques it highlights are:
• Looking far down the road to avoid sudden stops.
• Maintaining a safe following distance at all times.
• Using your four-way emergency flashers when suddenly approaching a traffic jam to alert other drivers.
• Watching your rear-view mirror for fast on-coming traffic.
• Leaving enough room to the next car ahead when stuck in traffic for an escape route.
• Allowing tailgaters to pass.
The lesson is the second one on the topic in the DriverCare library of more than 30 online driver safety lessons. The new lesson includes a final exam and a downloadable certificate of completion.