2013-MY Dodge Dart Draws 5-Star NHTSA Safety Rating
AUBURN HILLS, MI -- The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart has earned a 5-star safety rating from the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the regulatory agency’s highest grade. Chrysler Group LLC’s new compact sedan recorded 5-star results in both overall frontal and side-impact crash tests for an overall 5-star score.
The crash tests, conducted by NHTSA, reflect a more demanding set of protocols adopted for model-year 2011. Described by the agency as “rigorous” and “tougher,” the tests are designed to more accurately reflect the benefits of today’s more advanced safety technologies.
The Dodge Dart features 10 standard-equipment airbags and one of the auto industry’s highest content-ratios of high-strength steel.
The Dart also recently earned a 2012 Top Safety Pick award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The Dodge Dart achieved the maximum possible rating in each of the four crash tests used by the IIHS to evaluate occupant protection.
2013 Dodge Dart
The first product born of Chrysler Group’s alliance with Fiat S.p.A., the Dart was engineered with more than 60 safety and security features. High-strength-steel composes 68 percent of the Dart’s body, one of the highest ratios in the industry.
Ten standard-equipment advanced-design airbags further improve occupant protection.
Every Dodge Dart comes equipped with:
• Dual-stage, adaptive, venting air bags for the driver and front-seat passenger
• Front-seat-mounted pelvic and thorax air bags for driver and passenger
• Two rear-seat-mounted torso air bags
• Knee air bags for driver and front-seat passenger
• Two curtain air bags designed to protect front and rear passengers on both sides of the car.
Dart technologies that deliver accident-avoidance capability include:
• Electronic stability control (ESC)
• Electronic roll mitigation
• Traction control
• Standard four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock disc brakes
• Electronic brake-force distribution
• Blind-spot monitoring
• Rear cross-path detection.