Faulty Switch Prompts Ford Truck & SUV Recall

July 20, 2011

WASHINGTON – Ford Motor Co. is recalling 26,715 trucks and SUVs because of a potential problem with a multi-function switch. The problem could lead to malfunction of turn signals, tail lights, hazard warning flashers and brake lights, reported the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

This recall affects 2011 model-year Ranger trucks built from Jan. 25 through April 25 of this year at the Twin Cities Assembly Plant, as well as service parts distributed to dealers for certain 2004-2011 MY Ranger trucks. Also covered are 2002-2005 MY Excursion SUVs and 2002-2007 MY F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 trucks.

To remedy the problem, Ford dealers will replace the switches free of charge. The safety recall is expected to get under way in mid-August. Vehicle owners can reach Ford at (866) 436-7332.

Twitter Facebook Google+

Please note that comments may be moderated.

1. 1. john hendricks [ March 18, 2013 @ 09:06PM ]

my multi function switch is acting up tilt steering and headkights go off..

2. 2. Sharon Mincy [ September 08, 2014 @ 02:17AM ]

2011 Ford F150 multi function switch is needing replaced for a second time. My husband has owned several Ford trucks and this one is turning him against them. Please help. The last switch we had the dealership put in was expensive.

3. 3. j casca [ December 28, 2014 @ 12:10AM ]

My multifunction sw is acting up on my 11 f150. No brake light and directional drivers side.I know a few other ppl that had same problem. It's turning my off from buying another ford

4. 4. Jack Titter [ February 06, 2015 @ 07:06PM ]

I have had the multi function switch replaced on three occasions now. Immediately after it is replaced everything works fine, however within a days driving something will go out, first the right directional worked, but the left didn't, (replace switch), next the windshield washers didn't work (replace switch) now the directional on either side will blink 3 times and quit. Each time the garage has decided that the replacement switch was defective. I don't think it is the switch at all, I believe that there is a short in the wiring, or there is a surge that blows out a section of the switch. Anyone else having similar problems?

5. 5. Leon Harris [ August 03, 2015 @ 06:27AM ]

My 02 F350 didn't qualify . M F S took a nose dive this past Saturday I'll fix it my self.

6. 6. james McCorkle [ December 23, 2015 @ 02:53AM ]

My head lights just went out as I was driving home from my mother in law house it was a dark narrow road I almost ran into a deep ditch if had of not got it stoped in time we don't it at night or close to dark something like that light switch should not have went bad on a 2004 f150 it should be a recall on it