Fleet Safety Tip of the Week
It's the time of year when all fleet drivers are more likely to encounter harsher driving conditions from time to time. For safety's sake, it's important to assemble a winter survival kit to keep in all fleet vehicles, especially those driven in snow conditions.
The Minnesota Driver's Manual recommends these items:
- Container of sand or salt
- Warm clothing and footwear
- Red flag for the vehicle's antenna
- Blanket or sleeping bag
- Quick energy foods, drinking water and an empty waste container
- Tow chain and tire chains
- Road flares or reflectors
- Jumper cables
- Candles and matches or a lighter
- First aid kit.