The Car and Truck Fleet and Leasing Management Magazine

Internet Used to Report Road Rage

January 04, 2005

OLYMPIA, WA — In Washington, motorists can now go to the Web site of the Washington State Patrol and report highway aggressors to law-enforcement officers.Those drivers will be added to a database. One incident will generate a letter to the vehicle's registered owner. Troopers may pay a visit to the owner of a vehicle with multiple reports, according to a story in the Christian Science Monitor on December 30.A similar program in Arizona asks motorists in Phoenix to document bad driving by filling out an online form, listing the time, location, perceived infraction, and license plate. The complaint goes into a database that can be viewed by paying members. Anyone, however, can pay $7.50 to access a detailed report, according to a story in the Arizona Republic. The accountability factor could lower crash rates, the program's founder says.Fleet management crews in Chicago are adding "How's my driving?" stickers to city trucks, vans, and cars, according to a report in the Chicago Sun Times. Motorists can call non-emergency 311 to report city vehicles violating traffic laws or other illegal behavior. The stickers will not be added to police vehicles, the report says.
Twitter Facebook Google+


Please note that comments may be moderated. 
Leave this field empty:

Fleet Incentives

Determine the actual cost of owning and running a vehicle in your fleet. Compare vehicles by class and model.


Fleet Tracking And Telematics

Todd Ewing from Verizon Connect will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Fleet Management And Leasing

Jack Firriolo from Merchants will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Fuel Management

Bernie Kanavagh from WEX will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Sponsored by

A vehicle with a multifuel engine capable of running on two fuels

Read more

Up Next

More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher