Top 3 Fastest OTD Times in 2012: BMW X5, Jeep Wrangler, and Chevrolet Impala
TORRANCE, CA – The 2012 BMW X5, Jeep Wrangler, and Chevrolet Impala reached customers in the least number of days, according to the results of Automotive Fleet’s 13th annual order-to-delivery (OTD) study.
Data provided by six fleet management companies found the average OTD time for the BMW X5 was 34 days, followed by the Jeep Wrangler at 42 days, and Chevrolet Impala at 47 days.
In terms of improvement, the following vehicles showed the greatest difference in total days, compared to 2011:
- 2012 Ford Transit Connect (down 28 days).
- 2012 Nissan Sentra (down 26 days).
- 2012 Toyota Tacoma (down 26 days).
- 2012 Ford Explorer (down 25 days).
- 2012 Dodge Charger (down 21 days).
- 2012 Volvo XC90 (down 16 days).
- 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid (down 16 days).
- 2012 Toyota Prius (down 15 days).
- 2012 Dodge Journey (down 14 days).
- 2012 Chrysler Town & Country (down 14 days).
- 2012 Ford Expedition (down 14 days).
Segment-wise, these models showed the most improvement since 2011:
Cars: 2012 Nissan Sentra (25.5% improvement).
Trucks: 2012 Toyota Tacoma (24.5% improvement).
Crossovers/SUVs: 2012 Ford Explorer (24% improvement).
Vans: 2012 Ford Transit Connect (16.3% improvement).
Find out the rest of the vehicle rankings.
By Grace Suizo