GE Capital Fleet Services Launches Vehicle Ordering Tool
EDEN PRAIRIE, MN - GE Capital Fleet Services launched an easy-to-use management tool that allows fleet managers and drivers to order vehicles and track orders via the web, tablets, and mobile devices. The tool is the first in a series of new technology services that GE is creating to help fleet managers proactively analyze and manage their fleet operations.
GE’s new ordering tool offers a streamlined process for vehicle order management. It saves drivers time by enabling them to order securely via the web and through tablets and mobile devices. Orders through GE’s new tool can be completed in five steps and order status can be tracked throughout the vehicle delivery process.
In developing the tool, GE sought input from more than 200 customers representing large and small fleets in a variety of industries.
Additional benefits for drivers include:
- Side-by-side color vehicle photos and spec comparisons to simplify the ordering process;
- Customizable upfit options where applicable;
- Guided help that can be turned on or off;
- Running tally that manages and tracks driver-paid vehicle options;
- Customer-defined credit card options that securely process payments;
- Customer-specific order invitation messages that define steps and requirements;
- Communications to drivers about optional or required forms necessary for ordering;
- Automated email notices that are generated at key ordering process milestones.
“Our customers told us they wanted a simple, intuitive ordering tool to help them meet the needs of their fleets and accommodate the mobility of their drivers. We listened, and we worked closely with them to design this solution,” said Darrin Hebert, chief information officer of GE Capital Fleet Services. “Our new ordering tool is just the first step in our long-term commitment to give our customers the tools to proactively analyze and manage their fleets.”
The new driver ordering tool is the first in a series of new technology services that GE is rolling out to customers in the next 18 months. GE is making significant enhancements to its fuel program and driver portal, and the company will follow those upgrades with a major new release of GE’s My.Fleet.Office dashboard for fleet managers.
“We’re excited to provide our customers with an enhanced ordering tool for their upcoming ordering season, but this is just a small part of the investment GE is making to improve our customers’ experiences. GE’s work in harnessing powerful new web, tablet, and mobile technologies to help our customers more effectively analyze and manage their fleets is just getting started.”