50 Years in Fleet: 1961 - 2011
In the January 2011 issue of Automotive Fleet magazine, the editorial staff assembled a timeline of major events throughout fleet history.
This article was sponsored by GM.
In the January 2011 issue of Automotive Fleet magazine, the editorial staff assembled a timeline of major events throughout fleet history. The timeline begins below.
- Wheels Inc. founded.
- R.A. Company established by David, Henry, & Nathan Robinson.
- Lend Lease Cars, Inc. founded.
- Peterson, Howell & Heather, Inc. founded.
- National Auto Auction Protective Association (precursor to NAAA) is formed.
- Automotive Rentals, Inc. (ARI) founded.
- McCullagh Leasing founded.
- Chestnut Fleet Rentals (CFR) founded.
- LMV Leasing (Lease Motor Vehicle Co.) founded.
- President Harry S. Truman is president, leads the nation during a recession even as car sales continued to climb.
- National Auto Auction Protective Association reorganizes and changes name to National Auto Auction Association (NAAA).
- American Automotive Leasing Association (AALA) is formed.
- Hertz buys leasing firm Robinson Auto Rental of Philadelphia.
- Enterprise Leasing Co. founded.
- General Leasing Co. established (later known as GELCO).
- National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) founded.
- Wheels Inc. & PH&H install first mainframe computers.