Bridgestone Increases OTR Tire Prices by 11% in August
NASHVILLE, TN – An increase in tire prices from Bridgestone Americans Tire Operations Bridgestone for its Firestone and Continuum OTR tire products and retread rubber went into effect on August 1.
The company said the increase in prices for all of these tires was 11 percent, as reported by Modern Tire Dealer. The month of July saw a number of tire price increases, which are shown below:
- Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. increased the dealer base price list on commercial truck tires up to an average of 9 percent on July 5.
- Yokohama Tire Corp. increased its medium truck and commercial light truck tires effective July 1. The hikes averaged 8 percent, with some in-line adjustments.
- Continental Tire the Americas LLC increased prices on all Continental, General and Ameri*Steel brand replacement commercial truck tires sold in the U.S. by 11 percent effective July 1.
- Michelin North America Inc. increased prices by an average of 12 percent on Michelin and BFGoodrich replacement commercial truck tires effective July 1. The increase also applied to Michelin Retread Technologies retreads sold in the U.S. Michelin also raised prices up to 6 percent on Michelin brand replacement ag tires sold in the United States and Canada effective July 1.
- Double Coin Holdings Ltd. raised prices up to 6 percent, effective June 1, on all Double Coin produced radial truck, OTR, crane and industrial tires. That included associate and private brand radial truck tires.
- Falken Tire Corp. raised commercial truck tire prices by up to 10 percent effective June 1.
- Hankook Tire America Corp. raised prices on its commercial tires, including Hankook and Aurora, effective June 1. The increases were up to 9 percent.