Bridgestone Americas Raises Truck Tire Prices
NASHVILLE, TN - Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC is raising Bridgestone and Firestone truck tire prices effective immediately, according to news from Modern Tire Dealer.
Truck and bus tires in the United States and Canada are affected. So are Bandag retreads and related retreading materials.
In addition, the price of Bridgestone, Firestone and Continuum OTR tire products and retread rubber will increase effective Aug. 1.
According to Bridgestone, the total average increase for all of the products will be 11 percent.
“Volatile market conditions continue to provide many challenges to the transportation industry, and Bridgestone Commercial Solutions is certainly not immune to the rising cost of doing business,” said Kurt Danielson, president of Bridgestone Commercial Solutions. “We are particularly impacted by intense supply pressures and escalating raw materials, making this increase necessary at this time.”
Bridgestone is the latest tire company to announce price increases in the second quarter of this year.
Other recent commercial tire price increases are listed below:
- Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. will increase the dealer base price list on commercial truck tires up to an average of 9 percent on July 5.
- Yokohama Tire Corp. increased its medium truck and commercial light truck tires effective July 1. The hikes average 8 percent, with some in-line adjustments.
- Continental Tire the Americas LLC increased prices on all Continental, General and Ameri*Steel brand replacement commercial truck tires sold in the U.S. by 11 percent effective July 1, 2011.
- Michelin North America Inc. increased prices by an average of 12 percent on Michelin and BFGoodrich replacement commercial truck tires effective July 1. The increase also includes Michelin Retread Technologies retreads sold in the U.S. Michelin also raised prices up to 6 percent on Michelin brand replacement ag tires sold in the United States and Canada effective July 1.
- Double Coin Holdings Ltd. raised prices up to 6 percent, effective June 1, on all Double Coin produced radial truck, OTR, crane and industrial tires. That included associate and private brand radial truck tires.
- Falken Tire Corp. raised commercial truck tire prices by up to 10 percent effective June 1.
- Hankook Tire America Corp. raised prices on its commercial tires, including Hankook and Aurora, effective June 1. The increases were up to 9 percent.