Deal Takes Over as Fleet Services Manager for Alabama Power
BIRMINGHAM, AL – Ken Deal will replace Jim Freind as fleet services manager for Alabama Power. Freind is assuming the role of area manager in the southern area of the company's Eastern Division.
A 37-year employee, Deal has been with Alabama Power since 1972. In this new role, he will manage the 4,466-unit fleet, consisting of 1,980 light vehicles (cars, pickups, and vans); 627 mechanized trucks (bucket trucks, derrick trucks, and cranes); 249 medium- and heavy-duty trucks without mounted equipment; 361 off-road units (forklifts/dozers); 1,234 trailers; and 15 fuel tankers.
His responsibilities include:
- Meeting the company's fleet and equipment needs in the best interest of the overall company objectives.
- Providing high level of leadership within the department, the company, and externally.
- Managing all personnel requirements including substantial International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) workforce.
- Ensuring business planning processes properly balance all company objectives.
- Formulating policies, practices, and procedures to protect the company's investment in fleet equipment and ensure its safety, compliance, and availability.
Alabama Power provides electricity to more than 1.4 million customers across the state.