AFLA 2008 Conference Photo Gallery and Video Now Available Online
PHOENIX – The Automotive Fleet and Leasing Association (AFLA) hosted a record of nearly 300 attendees at its 40th Annual Meeting and Conference at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, September 10-12. One of the conference's highlights was the presentation of the Fleet Hall of Fame Awards.
AFLA President Elsie Lucia and Ed Bobit of Bobit Business Media inducted the following inductees into the 2008 Fleet Hall of Fame:
- E.J. Ames, Universal CIT Credit Corp.
- Gene Arbaugh, PHH
- Ray Breault, Fleet Response / Hoffmann-LaRoche / Revlon
- Al Cavalli, Universal CIT Credit Corp. / American Home Products / Avis Leasing
- Dick Heather, PHH
- Jack Kolb, ARI
- Arno Neuber, ARI
- Don Rappeport, Donlen
- John Rock, General Motors
- Gary Tepas, Emkay
A PowerPoint presentation of the 10 inductees in the 2008 Fleet Fall of Fame can be viewed here.
In addition, there were 20 founding inductees in the Fleet Hall of Fame. A video of these founding Fleet Hall of Fame inductees can be viewed here.
1. Helen Bland– Hallmark
2. Howard Cook – Ford Motor Co.
3. Eddie Dame – Avis Leasing
4. Don Fenton – Piemonte Fleet
5. Jim Frank – Wheels Inc.
6. Zollie Frank – Wheels Inc.
7. George Frink – GM/Chevrolet
8. Bud Grossman – Gelco
9. Joe Holman – ARI/Holman
10. Harley Howell – PHH
11. Jack Lamb – Exxon
12. Sam Lee – Lee Fleet Management
13. Milo Matick – Piemonte Fleet
14. Emerson Parker – Hartford Fire Insurance
15. S. Lester Landau – Picker X-Ray
16. Hubert Ryan – Hertz Leasing
17. Armund Schoen – Wheels Inc.
18. Bob Soell – Suntrup Ford City
19. Ed Stanley – Oldsmobile Div.
20. George Weimer – Contel/Hertz
Click here for links to:
2008 Fleet Hall of Fame Inductees PowerPoint
Video of 25 industry veterans