2014 Toyota Prius Plug-In to Start Under $30,000
Production of the 2014 model-year Prius Plug-in begins in October with pricing taking effect when these models arrive in showrooms in November
Toyota has reduced MSRP on the 2014 Prius Plug-in Hybrid by over $2,000, making the starting MSRP $29,990 (excluding DPH). This price repositioning on the base Prius Plug-in Hybrid is not accompanied by any reduction in vehicle content.
The 2014 Prius Plug-in Hybrid is well-equipped (similar to a Prius Three), but adds these appealing features:
- Heated cloth front seats – a unique standard feature available only on Prius Plug-in.
- Remote Climate – a feature that allows customers to activate their A/C remotely (standard on Prius Plug-in, available on Prius Three).
- Ability to drive extended distances in EV Mode, helping to increase fuel efficiency.
- Unique 10-spoke alloy wheels.
- One additional year of Roadside Assistance through ToyotaCare, for a total of three years.
Pricing for the 2014 Prius Plug-in Advanced model has also been adjusted to make the model more accessible to consumers with a $4,620 reduction in MSRP to $34,905 (excluding DPH). The Prius Plug-in Advanced will still offer popular features including:
- Premium HDD Navigation with Entune App Suite (including Plug-in Hybrid Applications) and JBL.
- SofTex-trimmed heated front seats.
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support.
- Head-Up Display.
- Safety Connect.
The 2014 Prius Plug-in Advanced will offer DRCC (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, PCS (Pre-Collision System), LED headlights, and fog lights as part of an optional Technology Package for customers seeking the highest level of technology.
Production of the 2014 model-year Prius Plug-in begins in October with pricing taking effect when these models arrive in showrooms in November.The Prius Plug-in qualifies for a Federal Tax Credit of up to $2,500 in addition to the State of California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (CVRP) which offers a $1,500 rebate. Information about the Federal Tax credit and vehicle eligibility can be found on: http://www.irs.gov/businesses/article/0,,id=219867,00.html
The 2014 Prius Plug-in is also eligible for the State of California’s HOV lane sticker (www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm). The Prius Plug-in is available in 15 states (California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and Hawaii). For special deals in your local area, please visit www.buyatoyota.com.