Fleet Safety Tip of the Week
Alcohol-impaired driving accounts for about 40 percent of fatal crashes, according to the Network of Employers for Traffic Safety. Since drivers under the influence often display certain characteristic driving behaviors, NETS recommends that drivers be mindful of certain telltale signs in order to stay a safe distance from such motorists and avoid dangerous situations. You may want to pass this list along to your fleet drivers as a friendly reminder.
- Weaving, swerving, drifting or straddling the center line
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Driving at a very slow speed
- Stopping without cause or braking erratically
- Turning abruptly or responding slowly to traffic signals
- Driving with the window down in cold weather
- Driving with headlights off at night.