Mayoral Appearances & Environmental Awards Highlight Green Fleet Conference
TORRANCE, CA - Appearances by Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley and Michael B. Coleman, mayor of the City of Columbus, Ohio, and presentation of the first-ever Environmental Leadership Awards are among the highlights of next week's Green Fleet Conference, Oct. 19-20, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
In the conference Day 2 opening presentation, Mayor Daley will address "Implementing Chicago's Climate Action Plan to Reduce Transportation's Carbon Footprint," drawing upon the city's "roadmap" to achieve an 80-percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 levels by 2050.
In remarks opening the environmental leadership awards ceremony, Mayor Coleman will address the importance of recognizing and honoring innovative environmental leadership, particularly in fleet management. The Mayor, who will co-present the awards with Mike Antich, conference chair, launched the City of Columbus green initiative in 2005.
The Green Fleet Conference Environmental Leadership Awards recognize 41 individuals, representing corporate and public sector fleets, whose efforts have led to significant improvements in their fleets' environmental impact. Commercial fleet honorees include:
- Linda Bent, fleet manager, Liberty Mutual.
- Donna Bibbo, CAFM, manager, fleet & travel, Novo Nordisk.
- Denise Cross, purchasing manager, Carrier.
- Louise Davis-Lopez, supply manager, fleet management, Johnson & Johnson Services.
- Wendy Dymkowski, manager, fleet administration, Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- John E. Fromisano, VP global vehicles, FedEx Express.
- Suzanne Gallagher, director, global fleet, Johnson & Johnson Services.
- Thomas Hartner, manager, global sourcing, Millipore Corp.
- Kimberly Jamme, U.S. fleet manager, AstraZeneca.
- Denise Keberlein, global purchasing, Dow
- Dick Malcom, fleet manager, State Farm.
- Mike Mannheimer, VP & chief of procurement, Cox Enterprises.
- Jeff Modica, VP of supply chain, Schwan's Home Service.
- Lillian Palmieri, manager, fleet operations, Novartis.
- Bud Reuter, director, procurement & fleet, Comcast Corp.
- Charles Schott, American fleet director, Pfizer, Inc.
- Phil Schreiber, fleet manager, Otis Elevator.
- Pete Silva, director of fleet, PepsiCo.
- Catherine Tillman, director of global fleet & travel, Abbott.
- Serge Viola, director of national fleet, Purolator Courier, Ltd.
- Jerome Webber, VP, fleet operations, AT&T.
According to organizers, the second annual Green Fleet Conference will present solutions and resources to help fleet managers continue environmental initiatives in budget-challenged times. Offering two tracks - commercial and public sector fleets - conference speakers and panelists will include industry experts and fleet managers sharing real-world experiences in implementing green initiatives for which costs were offset by program savings.
Further information on the Green Fleet Conference and registration details are available at www.greenfleetconference.com or (800) 576-8788.