NEW Green Fleet Conference Set for Chicago, Sept. 15-16
Three Bobit Business Media publications are sponsoring the first-ever Green Fleet Conference 2008. The event will set the stage for a proactive forum on issues related to clean fuel technologies, green fleet vehicles and equipment, and green infrastructures.
Fleet professionals will be able to learn and discuss real green technologies by separating facts from fiction, according to the organizers.
With operational costs and state and other regulations making it difficult for fleet managers to turn their fleets green, the Green Fleet Conference will focus on these and other challenges in an information-sharing program.
Current clean fuel technologies, green fleet vehicles and equipment, and green infrastructures will be compared and analyzed, and experts will share where and how to secure funding for these vehicles and technologies. The conference will also examine where the fleet industry is going in both the near and the long term.
Check the conference Web site at www.greenfleetconference.com for additional updates.
Monday, September 15
1 – 1:50 p.m. Keynote: 2009-2011: Sneak Preview of Upcoming Green Fleet Vehicles
2 – 2:50 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Corporate: Mistakes to Avoid When Implementing a Green Fleet Initiative: Learning from Best Practices
- Government: Panel Discussion: Getting Money to Fund Your Green Fleet
2:50 – 3:05 p.m. Coffee Break
3:05 – 4 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Corporate: “Out of the Box” Solutions to Greening Your Fleet — That Work!
- Government: Preparing Your Shop to Maintain AFVs
4:10 – 5 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Corporate: Pros and Cons of Buying Carbon Offsets to Meet Green Fleet Goals
- Government: What You Need to Know About Storing and Dispensing Alternative Fuels
5:10 – 6 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Corporate: How to Prepare an Accurate Lifecyle Cost Analysis of AFVs
- Government: What You Need to Know About 2010 Diesel Emission Standards
6 – 7:30 p.m. Networking Reception Tuesday, September 16
7 – 7:50 a.m. Networking Breakfast.8 – 9 a.m. Keynote: Separating Fact from Fiction9 – 10 a.m. Panel Discussion: Using Telematics to Green Your Fleet.10 – 11 a.m. Implementing Idle Reduction Programs at Work11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Effective Strategies to Cut Spiraling Fuel Costs While Reducing Emissions
12 – 1 p.m. Networking Lunch 1 – 1:50 p.m. How to Effectively Remarket AFV and Hybrid Vehicles1:50 – 2:40 p.m. Practical Ways to Reduce Fleet Emissions without Increasing Costs2:40 – 3 p.m. Coffee Break3 – 4 p.m. Case Studies: Real-World Operating Expenses in Running a Hybrid Fleet4 – 5 p.m Fleet Metrics to Benchmark GHG and CO2 Emission Reductions