Verizon Launches Fleet Management for Small Businesses
Verizon Networkfleet has launched Expressfleet, a fleet management solution designed for small businesses.
With Expressfleet, business owners can gain a complete view of a fleet’s performance, keep vehicles on the road, monitor unsafe driving behavior, reduce fuel usage and improve the efficiency of drivers and technicians.
"With Expressfleet, we’ve created a powerful tool to help small businesses run their operations smoothly and cut unnecessary costs by empowering them with the information they need," said Shane Scoville, vice president, Verizon Telematics. "The product's key features drive safety, efficiency and utilization, reduce operational costs and idle time, and track necessary vehicle repairs, which ultimately fuels business growth."
Key features of Expressfleet include:
(PHOTO: VERIZON NEWORKFLEET)
- Ease of use – Plugs directly into the On Board Diagnostic port on most vehicles with no harness or cables needed, and the Fleet Management Web Portal provides easy access to diagnostic reports, safety and efficiency reporting.
- Maintenance Reminders – Ensure vehicles are operating smoothly and are getting all needed maintenance. Reduce risk of breakdowns by keeping track of service records and keep a fleet healthy.
- Speed and Boundary Activity Alerts – Know in real time if a driver exceeds pre-set speed thresholds or arrives at a designated location.
- Vehicle Location & Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance – Allows small businesses to have visibility into their fleet for a reliable look at their assets 24/7, and if the worst happens, help law enforcement track a stolen vehicle by pinpointing its location.
- Vehicle Diagnostics – Reoccurring reports predict and prevent mechanical issues before they become bigger problems.
Verizon Networkfleet has also launched a new driver mobile app designed to keep drivers connected and improve efficiency through route streamlining and better planning.