Trimble Adds Asset Tracking to Fleet Management Suite
Trimble has launched Trimble Asset Tracking, a flexible solution that offers complete visibility into the location and utilization of portable assets from a convenient portal, according to the company.
As an enhancement to its fleet management portfolio, Trimble Asset Tracking enables field service organizations operating high-value portable assets, such as generators, pumps or trailers that are towed behind a service vehicle, to better manage asset performance and costs to increase efficiencies and improve operations.
Trimble Asset Tracking is designed to be convenient, easy-to-use and simple to set up. Key features include:
- A map view of the location and status of the towed, powered and non-powered assets
- Integration with Trimble Fleet Management to view vehicles alongside the assets within one interface
- High-level utilization reports for an individual or group of assets from across multiple locations
- Rugged hardware with simple installation
- Long-life battery that can send location alerts for up to 3 months on a single charge
- Real-time alerts if a unit changes location, has been disconnected and wakes on motion for instant location reporting
Trimble Asset Tracking enables businesses in industries such as construction and utilities to streamline their workflow in the field by ensuring that assets are in the right place and can be found instantly when needed, enabling them to maximize the value of their expensive equipment, according to Trimble.
When deployed in conjunction with Trimble Fleet Management, businesses can benefit from a single portal to view their entire field operation, knowing where each vehicle and asset is in real time at the touch of a button.