OnStar Signs More Than 1,600 Retail Locations to Sell Mirror
OnStar said it is validating more vehicles for mirror fitment in addition to those already validated (99 percent of vehicles sold during the last 10 years, according to the company).
DETROIT – With the introduction of its new retail rear-view mirror system, OnStar announced that it has signed an agreement with 1,600 retailers to sell, and install, this product for customers. A company spokesperson said interested fleet customers should contact these retail locations for sales and installation. Locations announced include all Best Buy stores nationwide and Crutchfield for online sales, although that retailer will refer customers to third-party businesses for installation.
OnStar also said that Best Buy will offer installation for $100. Service plans will cost $18.95 per month or $199 per year, and the mirror product is slated to go on sale this spring.
In addition to Best Buy and Crutchfield, several regional retailers will carry the mirror, including the following:
- ABC Warehouse of Pontiac, Mich., 43 locations
- Al & Ed’s Autosound of Van Nuys, Cal., 18 locations
- Car Toys of Seattle, Wash.; 49 locations
- Columbus Car Audio of Columbus, Ohio; three locations
- Drive-In Autosound of Colorado Springs, Colo.; six locations
- P.C. Richard & Son of Carteret, N.J.; 65 locations
- Sound Of Tri-State of Wilmington, Del.; three locations