Safefreight Launches Fifth Release of GPS Fleet Management Software
EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA – Safefreight Technology has made SmartFleet Manager version five (V.5) live to their customers. SmartFleet Manager V.5 extends Safefreight’s leadership in online GPS tracking software to provide meaningful real-time information about the safety, security, and productivity of vehicles and other mobile assets — and the workforce operating them.
Enhancements to SmartFleet Manager V.5 were based on the feedback of Safefreight’s clients and business trends that resulted in an improved online software service. With SmartFleet Manager, Safefreight’s customers can further refine and improve their own fleet operations through SmartFleet vehicle tracking and fleet management on-demand through a Web portal.
Some of the new features of SmartFleet Manager V.5 are:
· Routing optimization — generate and optimize routes and send turn-by-turn directions to drivers in real-time.
· Find Nearest — enables more efficient deployment of fleet assets.
· Ability to visualize SmartFleet data in Google Earth.
· Quicklinks provides users with the ability to customize menu structure to their needs and provides more workspace in the application.
· Enhanced fleet reports that are easier to read and interpret.
· A customizable service scheduler that uses odometer, engine hours, or elapsed time values to identify vehicles that require servicing (minimizes unscheduled maintenance, costly repairs, and downtime).
· Speeding alerts based on available road attributes.
· Giant maps — Rich mapping supports maps of any size — ideal for plasma or LCD monitors up to 42” diagonal.
Through the SmartFleet vehicle tracking system, critical location and operating information is gathered through a vehicle-mounted device, communicated wirelessly, and served to Safefreight’s customers through Safefreight’s vehicle-to-internet application, SmartFleet Manager. Information can be accessed on-demand from any internet enabled computer or device — any time, from anywhere in the world.