Goodyear Launches Connected Fleet Solutions in Europe
Photo: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has launched a new pan-European business called Goodyear Proactive Solutions, which offers a suite of demonstrated Vehicle-To-Fleet operations management solutions featuring advanced telematics and predictive analytics technology.
Using intelligent computer algorithms, a wealth of data derived from Goodyear’s extensive commercial tire and service business, and clear, accurate reporting, the solutions allow fleet operators to precisely identify and resolve tire-related and potential safety issues before they happen, according to the company.
“We are witnessing a transformational shift that is reshaping commercial trucking. In a digital economy, consumers and businesses expect deliveries to be faster, cheaper, and more flexible, and in response the industry is becoming increasingly connected and automated. Goodyear Proactive Solutions offers fleet managers a one-stop, user-friendly solution to help reduce their total cost of operations and improve the uptime, efficiency and sustainability of their fleets,” said Michel Rzonzef, vice president, commercial business, Goodyear Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
Goodyear said it designed and developed its fleet management solutions in partnership with commercial fleet operators over the past two years, resulting in:
- Increased fleet efficiency by avoiding up to 75% of tire-related breakdowns.
- Reduced total cost of operations by cutting fuel costs up to 300 Euros (U.S. $319) per vehicle, per month and decreasing tire maintenance costs by up to 70%.
- Improved carbon footprint by using around 10% less fuel.
The new business offers two families of services to enable smart, safe and sustainable mobility:
- Proactive Tyre offers a broad range of services including tire pressure, temperature and tread depth monitoring. These connected and fully automated solutions enable fleets to maximize tire performance and schedule proactive maintenance.
- Proactive Fleet includes two options, Driver Behaviour and Track & Trace, which help fleets to reduce fuel consumption and journey times while increasing safety.
“Goodyear Proactive Solutions enhances our role as a key commercial fleet partner by combining the latest digital technologies and data services with our existing fleet support systems and industry-leading TruckForce service network, which serve the largest pool of commercial vehicles in Europe (more than 350,000 registered vehicles) through over 2,000 service partners across the continent. Our innovative solutions are fully compatible with all commercial truck tires, allowing every fleet owner the opportunity to benefit from these new connected fleet management solutions,” added André Weisz, Managing Director, Goodyear Proactive Solutions.
Goodyear Proactive Solutions available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Further additions to the portfolio of applications are in development for introduction in 2017, according to the company.