Ryder System Awards Recognize Mexican Trucking Companies
Ryder System presented its Service Excellence Awards to top-performing carriers at the company's fifth annual Mexican Carrier Celebration and Recognition Event in Mexico City. Twenty Mexican trucking companies were honored for their results in a variety of key performance areas, such as safety and security, on-time performance, customer service, and continuous improvement.
“Ryder's business in Mexico has become key to the growth of the Supply Chain Solutions business at Ryder, and that success wouldn’t be possible without a reliable and great quality group of carrier companies like the ones we work with in Mexico,” said Gene Sevilla, vice president of Ryder International Supply Chain Solutions. “As a result of the great work of the Ryder Mexico team and our collaborators, we continue having important success which helps our business grow in the country, strengthening our position as leaders in the industry.”
Ryder said it works with a wide range of carrier companies in Mexico. The carrier companies were evaluated according to four major criteria: safety, overall capabilities, financial billing with Ryder, and participation in Ryder accounts. The twenty winners were chosen from among a pool of Mexican carrier companies evaluated for the 2014 period.
The following were the Ryder Service Excellence Awards winners:
- Transportes Monroy Schiavon, S. A. de C. V.
- Servicio de Transporte Internacional (STIL).
- Auto Express Oriente, S. A. de C. V.
- Impulsora de Transportes Mexicanos, S. A. de C.V.
- Transportes Innovativos, S. A. de C. V.
- Transportes de Carga FEMA, S. A. de C. V.
- Autotransportes del Real, S. A. de C. V.
- Grupo Camionera Regional, S. A. de C. V.
- Fletes Loz-Mar, S.A. de C. V.
- Maniobras y Logistica Sanbra, S. A. de C. V.
- Mudanzas Cordova, S. A. de C. V.
- Rápidos Sabinas, S. A. de C. V.
- Mudanzas Rivera, S. A. de C.V
- Autolineas MH, S. A. de C. V.
- Tranmexco, S.A de C.V
- Promotora Norte Pacifico, S. A. de C. V.
- Opter, S. A. de C.V
- Transportes Especializados TEMSA, S. A. de C. V.
- Transplus de Occidente, S. A. de C.V
- Susana Alvarez Sanchez
Ryder Mexico provides comprehensive logistics and supply chain management solutions to companies with operations in Mexico. The Company manages more than 3.1 million square feet of warehouse and more than 3.7 million square feet yard space in Mexico and handles more 3,000 cross-border freight movements between the U.S. and Mexico a week. Globally, the Ryder Supply Chain Solutions business segment manages approximately 35 million square feet of warehouse space and contracts with more than 1,600 carriers in all modes of transportation in the markets it serves, according to the company.
Ryder has hired with Mexican carriers since it first began operating in Mexico in 1994 and this year is celebrating its twenty-first anniversary. “Let me reiterate how much we appreciate the great work of our transportation service providers,” commented Sevilla. “Ryder definitely partners with the best companies in the sector and we are grateful for their support and interest in working hand in hand with us to help our brand become one of the most respected companies of the logistics industry in Mexico.”