Westport Inks Deal with China's ENN Group
Yusuo Wang, Chairman, ENN Group and David Demers, Westport CEO, celebrate the new partnership in front of the Westport 15L powered Peterbilt 367 truck in Vancouver, B.C.
Westport Innovations Inc., a provider of natural gas engines, announced an agreement with clean energy provider ENN Group, one of China’s largest private companies with more than 30,000 employees. The deal is aimed at the proliferation of natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) transportation solutions and fuel for on-road, off-road, rail and marine applications.
Highlights of the agreement include:
• Global cooperation - the agreement covers the US, Canada, China/Asia, Europe, Australia and Africa.
• Multiple transportation platforms - Westport and ENN look to partner for opportunities across trucks, rail, marine and mining applications.
• Mutual acknowledgement of long-term commitment to LNG infrastructure - ENN is expecting to engage in building liquefaction plants in North America and fuel stations through the BLU station brand.
• ENN to guarantee long term fueling solutions and agreements for its customers.
• Westport to facilitate collaboration between its OEM partners and ENN and provide proposals to ENN and its fleet customers.
• Fleet optimization - ENN will look at operating its truck fleet on LNG as a way to optimize fuel cost savings and reduce harmful emissions.
ENN is active across a wide range of energy services, including municipal and home energy services, and has been aggressively building out its LNG fueling business in China, with more than 238 natural gas stations in 59 cities, and plans to develop LNG liquefaction plants and LNG stations in North America, according to Westport. By leveraging the world-leading expertise in natural gas vehicle technology and fueling infrastructure of each partner, this agreement is expected to accelerate the adoption of natural gas transportation.